10 Fun Facts about Showering You Probably Didn’t Know
Taking a shower may be a quick and simple activity or it may be a spa-like indulgence. Most of us rely on showering in order to feel our cleanest and freshest, but many of us don’t know fun facts about showering.
If you want to learn some interesting, shower-related facts, be sure to read our list.
1) Showers are Fairly Lengthy – People in the USA shower for thirteen minutes on average. They would like to spend more time in the shower, just relaxing, but usually don’t, perhaps because of busy schedules or concerns about wasting water. While thirteen minutes is a fairly long time, it’s safe to say that most people step out of the shower a little sooner than they’d like to.
2) Morning Showers are Common – Of course, this fact may not be that surprising. The truth is that most people shower in the morning, probably because they need to get clean before they head out to work. Current statistics show that fifty-eight percent of people take their showers in the morning. Lots of people shower later in the day, too, but the bulk of showering happens earlier, rather than later. Showering is a great way to wake up and start the day fresh!
3) People Wash Their Hair A Lot– People wash their hair 5.7 times every week. This means that most people choose to shampoo every time that they have a shower. They might skip a day, on Sunday for example, but they definitely make shampooing a part of their shower experiences most of the time. This interest in hair care helps to fuel the billion-dollar health and beauty industry!
4) People Get Pensive in the Shower – Since the shower is such a great place to relax and unwind, it makes sense that a lot of people do their best daydreaming while they are under the gentle spray. In fact, sixty-seven percent of people use their shower time to reflect, dream and plan. Showering is definitely therapeutic and it’s a good way to ponder the past, present and future!
5) People Like to Croon While They Get Clean – If you enjoy singing, there’s a sixty-three percent chance that you do some crooning in the shower. Lots of people love to sing songs as they soap up, probably because they shower is a private place to emote and to go for those hard-to-reach high notes! Singing is also a form of therapy, so never be ashamed of singing in the shower. It’s a great way to express yourself and to de-stress!
6) Women May Worry in the Shower – Many women wear a lot of hats in life. This means that they nurture others, while also taking care of any array of career and home-related tasks. For this reason, women are sixteen percent more likely to ruminate over problems and things that they need to do while they get clean. If you’re a woman and you use your shower time to think about all that you need to do, or to ponder problems in relationships, it may be time to clear your mind instead! Daydreaming or singing may help you to manage stress more effectively and to use your downtime to better effect.
7) Showering Isn’t Always a Solo Activity – People who have partners tend to be quite open about sharing their shower time with their significant others. Statistics show that seventy-three percent of men and women have partners around while they shower, shower with their partners or otherwise share their shower spaces with other people.
8) People Step Out of the Shower to Dry Themselves – While some people may towel off while they’re in the shower, after they’ve turned off the water, most vastly prefer to get dry outside of the shower stall. It’s possible that people want more space while they’re drying off, or simply associate the shower stall area with being wet. Whether your bathroom in tiny or huge, you likely step out and grab a towel, like most other people do.
9) Men Don’t Clean Shower Stalls as Much – Women who share shower spaces with guys tend to have issues which relate to their partners or male family members failing to clean their showers after usage. In fact, forty-five percent of ladies find that men don’t pull their weight in terms of cleaning showers! If you’re a guy and you haven’t been doing your share of the cleaning, it may be time to take the pressure off of her by doing a little scrubbing, rinsing and polishing.
10) Most People Wish for Bigger Showers – In the age of HGTV, we see dream homes on a regular basis and these typically have huge and glamorous shower stalls. In real life, most people don’t have these luxurious and roomy shower spaces…but they wish that they did. Forty-eight percent of people who own their own homes wish that their shower stalls were larger. A home renovation will be the best way to enjoy the ultimate shower experience.
How to Enhance Your Shower Experience
Now that you know ten fun facts about showering, you’ll see how your own shower experience compares to that of other Americans.
If you want more from every shower, consider choosing a brand-new shower head with exciting and practical features. For example, some modern shower heads offer a true spa experience, by providing different settings, from massage spray to gentle “rainfall”. It’s possible to change your mood and enhance your well-being just by choosing the perfect setting.
Also, making your bathroom more beautiful and functional may help you to enjoy showers which are more decadent and pleasurable and less workmanlike.
Energy-efficient shower heads will also help you to enjoy long showers without wasting too much water. These days, a lot of manufacturers make shower heads which provide awesome shower experiences, while also maximizing energy efficiency. There are tons of styles to choose from at an array of price points.
Showering is a part of life. So, why not make your shower experience the very best that it can be?